Send emails to users who have not completed activity resource

Send emails to users who have not completed activity resource

by Mani Singh -
Number of replies: 4

Hi 

I have a course where i need to track if users have accessed the materials in the course, eg links, documents, scorm activities

But I need moodle to send an automated email to users to complete/read materials if it is approving a due date or notify them if over due. 

Can you recommend a way to do this, plugins etc..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mani Singh

Re: Send emails to users who have not completed activity resource

by C Behan -

Hi Mani,

Check out the Reengagement plugin https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_reengagement

Catherine

In reply to C Behan

by Mani Singh -

Thanks I will take a look. 

In reply to C Behan

by Mani Singh -

Would I need to set up an email account for Moodle to send mail notifications from. Can this be a gmail/hotmail or will it have to be exchange?

I think I have found the location to amend these setting in Site Administration> Plugins > message outputs > email  

In reply to Mani Singh

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle can only send mail to an external SMTP server. It can also use the built-in 'Sendmail' service on a Unix/Linux server but this is rarely what you want to do these days. 

Other than that it doesn't care what your mail software is. You just need to have access to an SMTP server. I think this is optional on Exchange (I don't know much about Microsoft stuff)