Workshop submission is empty

Workshop submission is empty

M Horn
Vastuste arv 4

We've come across this a few times before: a student submit a document for a Workshop activity, but nothing is uploaded when their fellow students want to start with the peer-assessment.

We cannot see in the logs that the student (accidentally) deleted the file in the upload process.

The logs below are for the submission date in question and the submission was not edited again (the due-time was 23:55 on 11 May, so the submission was closed after this).

Have anyone else experienced this before? Do you know of any way to restore the submitted file?

Thank you.

Keskmine hinnang: -
Vastuses M Horn

Re: Workshop submission is empty

David Mudrák
Core developers pilt Documentation writers pilt Moodle HQ pilt Particularly helpful Moodlers pilt Peer reviewers pilt Plugin developers pilt Plugins guardians pilt Testers pilt Translators pilt

I don't think we can conclude that the file has ever been uploaded. I suppose that the same log would appear if the student simply submitted an empty submission form without a file attached. There could be various reasons for that happening - student may be misunderstanding the instructions, the file exceeds the size limit and the user ignores the message etc.

Vastuses M Horn

Sharon Hardy

I'm experiencing this same problem.

Vastuses Sharon Hardy

Mary Cooch
Documentation writers pilt Moodle HQ pilt Particularly helpful Moodlers pilt Testers pilt Translators pilt

Are you experiencing the same problem as above Sharon or are you perhaps mistaking this forum for the Workshop activity on the Teaching with Moodle MOOC - which is now closed?

Vastuses M Horn

Susanna Wesson

Hi,

I have just experienced the same problem (in Moodle 3.1). The log shows a submission, the title of the submission appears but no file is available for assessment.

The file the student is required to upload does not exceed the size limit.

I have checked the procedure with the student who assures me he did what was required.