Workshop submission is empty

Workshop submission is empty

by M Horn -
Number of replies: 4

We've come across this a few times before: a student submit a document for a Workshop activity, but nothing is uploaded when their fellow students want to start with the peer-assessment.

We cannot see in the logs that the student (accidentally) deleted the file in the upload process.

The logs below are for the submission date in question and the submission was not edited again (the due-time was 23:55 on 11 May, so the submission was closed after this).

Have anyone else experienced this before? Do you know of any way to restore the submitted file?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to M Horn

Re: Workshop submission is empty

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I don't think we can conclude that the file has ever been uploaded. I suppose that the same log would appear if the student simply submitted an empty submission form without a file attached. There could be various reasons for that happening - student may be misunderstanding the instructions, the file exceeds the size limit and the user ignores the message etc.

In reply to M Horn

by Sharon Hardy -

I'm experiencing this same problem.

In reply to Sharon Hardy

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you experiencing the same problem as above Sharon or are you perhaps mistaking this forum for the Workshop activity on the Teaching with Moodle MOOC - which is now closed?

In reply to M Horn

by Susanna Wesson -

Hi,

I have just experienced the same problem (in Moodle 3.1). The log shows a submission, the title of the submission appears but no file is available for assessment.

The file the student is required to upload does not exceed the size limit.

I have checked the procedure with the student who assures me he did what was required.