How can I remove fields from the signup page - category More Details?

How can I remove fields from the signup page - category More Details?

by Zhivko Z -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

How can I remove fields from the signup page (New Account)?

I mean from the Category – More Details.

I would like to remove the fields City/town and Country, which are not mandatory fields by default. Then, using User Profile Fields - I will place them in another category, where I will ask for full address, and make them mandatory fields.

Thank you!

Moodle 3.1.2

Attachment Signup page fields.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zhivko Z

Re: How can I remove fields from the signup page - category More Details?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you need to hack the core code for this.  Just find that page and comment out those two lines - actually you can probably do it with css too.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Zhivko Z

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you are the Administrator for your Moodle site, then you will find a settings page where you can customise the Sign-up page.

Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Email-based self-registration

In reply to Mary Evans

by Zhivko Z -

Thanks for the information, Mary.

The page you suggested gives options to lock/unlock the different fields (picture attached).

There is no difference on the signup page when I lock or unlock City/town and Country fields...

Also, there are many user fields listed on this page, and most of them are not currently displayed on the signup page... So, there must be a setting somewhere about what fields to show up on the signup page...!?

Attachment Email Based Self Registr.PNG
In reply to Zhivko Z

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you send me a link to your site In a message?

That way I can see how the signup page looks. I assume you also have enabled manuel enrolments?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Zhivko Z -

Hi Mary,
I just sent you a link to the website.

I'm trying to get rid of the non-mandatory fields - City/town and Country (under category "More Details"). Attaching a picture as well.

Manual enrollment is allowed, why?

Thanks,

Zhivko

Attachment signup page ins.PNG