Live Assessments

Live Assessments

by Jay Vazquez -
Number of replies: 3

Greetings to all,

I wanted to know if and how I can have instant feedback while conducting live training sessions.   I would present material, have each student log into our Moodle site, then take an assessment while sitting in class.  Then I would take the scores from the assessment to guide the next training sessions for a particular day.  I know other company's let you see live results (ex. WebX).  Any information is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jay

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Vazquez

Re: Live Assessments

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes you can do this smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jay Vazquez -

Thank you again for the reply.  I figured I would present the material, stop at a certain point, have students log in, go to a specific link on our Moodle page, take the assessment, then I could see what the results were.  Does that seem like the logical steps I can take?  If not, what would you recommend (any guides are greatly appreciated)?

Sincerely,

Jay

In reply to Jay Vazquez

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jay,

You can do exactly what you mentioned, and Moodle has a number of things you can use to "assess" with. If you pause during your presentation you can use Questionnaire, Feedback, online text Assignment, Active Quiz, Realtime quiz, Forum, or Workshop. One other that can be used while you pause, but can also be used during the presentation is the Hot Question plugin.