Manager / Employer Module Needed

Manager / Employer Module Needed

by Gary Garside -
Number of replies: 2

My moodle site is 3.1 (Build: 20160523).

Hello, I'm not sure where to post this enquiry so I hope this is the correct area.

I run a Moodle site on behalf of my company, supplying Technical courses related to my company's products.

The Moodle site now needs extra functionality whereby Managers can scan through available courses, queue their employees for the appropriate courses, check on their staff's progress within each course and obtain completion and score data for the Human resources departments.

Given that employers use Moodle, I assume and hope that their is already a plugin or work-around in existence that I can use.

Scenario.

1. A manager scans the site for an appropriate course for his/her staff.
  2. On finding a course, the staff are somehow tagged/queued to attend the course.
  3. Staff get invited to the course.
  4. Staff attend.
  5. Manager can see/download their grades to forward to HR.
  6. Historical staff records kept on Moodle site.

I would be grateful for any feedback and suggestions.

Kind Regards

Gary G

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Garside

Re: Manager / Employer Module Needed

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

> On finding a course, the staff are somehow tagged/queued to attend the course.

You need to enrol the students in the course. Or you can set it up so that they can self-enroll.

> Staff get invited to the course.

Setup the course to send an email to the students when they are enrolled in the course. Look in the course settings for this...

> Manager can see/download their grades to forward to HR.

Manager goes into the Moodle gradebook where s/he can see all the student grades.

> Historical staff records kept on Moodle site.

All records are stored perpetually in each of the course gradebooks.

So, it seems like Moodle does everything you want.

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Re: Manager / Employer Module Needed

by Gary Garside -

Thanks for the reply.

I probably didn't make my enquiry clear, I need managers in my organisation to que employees for new courses and for managers to see the progression of their staff regarding grades etc.

I want the managers to control this process through a module something like the learning plans plugin.

I know noodle can do this separately because I'm doing it now but eventually managers within my company need to have this ability without being administrators.

Regards

Gary G