Toggle notifications menu error

Toggle notifications menu error

by Ahmad Z -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have problem in Moodle 3.2 Toggle notifications menu, when i click on the notification icon the error message appear:

dmlreadexception

SQLState: 42000<br>Error Code: 195<br>Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]'concat' is not a recognized built-in function name.<br>SQLState: 42000<br>Error Code: 156<br>Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AND'.<br>SQLState: 42000<br>Error Code: 195<br>Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]'concat' is not a recognized built-in function name.<br>SQLState: 42000<br>Error Code: 156<br>Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AND'.<br>SELECT TOP 20 * FROM (                    SELECT concat('r', r.id) as uniqueid, r.id, r.useridfrom, r.useridto,                        r.subject, r.fullmessage, r.fullmessageformat,                        r.fullmessagehtml, r.smallmessage, r.notification, r.contexturl,                        r.contexturlname, r.timecreated, r.timeuserfromdeleted, r.timeusertodeleted,                        r.component, r.eventtype, r.timeread                    FROM mdl_message_read r                    WHERE r.notification = 1                    AND r.id IN (SELECT messageid FROM mdl_message_popup WHERE isread = 1)                    AND r.useridto = '2'                UNION ALL                    SELECT concat('u', u.id) as uniqueid, u.id, u.useridfrom, u.useridto,                        u.subject, u.fullmessage, u.fullmessageformat,                        u.fullmessagehtml, u.smallmessage, u.notification, u.contexturl,                        u.contexturlname, u.timecreated, u.timeuserfromdeleted, u.timeusertodeleted,                        u.component, u.eventtype, 0 as timeread                    FROM mdl_message u                    WHERE u.notification = 1                    AND u.id IN (SELECT messageid FROM mdl_message_popup WHERE isread = 0)                    AND u.useridto = '2'                ) f ORDER BY timecreated DESC, timeread DESC, id DESC[array (  0 => 2,  1 => 2,)]

Error code: dmlreadexception* line 474 of \lib\dml\moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown* line 291 of \lib\dml\sqlsrv_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()* line 398 of \lib\dml\sqlsrv_native_moodle_database.php: call to sqlsrv_native_moodle_database->query_end()* line 859 of \lib\dml\sqlsrv_native_moodle_database.php: call to sqlsrv_native_moodle_database->do_query()* line 907 of \lib\dml\sqlsrv_native_moodle_database.php: call to sqlsrv_native_moodle_database->get_recordset_sql()* line 98 of \message\output\popup\classes\api.php: call to sqlsrv_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()* line 111 of \message\output\popup\externallib.php: call to message_popup\api::get_popup_notifications()* line ? of unknownfile: call to message_popup_external::get_popup_notifications()* line 229 of \lib\externallib.php: call to call_user_func_array()* line 59 of \lib\ajax\service.php: call to external_api::call_external_function()

Best Regards,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Z

Re: Toggle notifications menu error

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Quite possibly a bug if you can reproduce it reliably. I would make a report in tracker.moodle.org. It would be nice if you reformatted those messages to make them easier to read though wink

In reply to Ahmad Z

by Ahmad Z -

hi,

Any update for this bug, i try to create a report in the tracker.moodle.org but the same message appear each time:

"Dear Moodler, before creating a new issue you need to demonstrate that you have searched among the existing issues to see if it's already been filed. Please find a similar issue from among the open issues and either start watching it or vote for it."

and i'm already searched and the bug not exist.

any help please with this issue.

Thanx

In reply to Ahmad Z

by Matt Anema -

I create a bug tracker, MDL-58332 (we're having exactly same issue).

Server 2008r2, SQL 2008r2, sqlsrv microsoft php driver

In reply to Matt Anema

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thanks for the report. We are looking into this now.