Email from real address

Email from real address

by Simon Eidenskog -
Number of replies: 5

Hi!

I'm using Moodle 3.2.2 and want the email sent out from news forum to go from users real addresses. 

- In Administration > Server >Outgoing mail configuration, I've entered *.mydomain.se 

in allowedemaildomains. 

- I've also set Administration > User default preferences > defaultpreference_maildisplay to Allow everyone to see my email address. 

Still the noreply-address is in use. Thankful for your help.

Regards

Simon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Eidenskog

Re: Email from real address

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Unless you have control over the domain that *all* your users are sending from (for example, they are all in the same - your - company) it probably won't work. They will just get blocked as spam or with relay errors. 

I've a feeling that the ability to send from the user's address was dropped a few versions ago (2.9?) but I can't find the info. I'll keep looking but maybe someone else knows.

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Email from real address

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It's still there!  The setting is 'Use email address in reply' in the forum settings. Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Forum.