Errors downloading grades

Errors downloading grades

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
Number of replies: 5

I am using Moodle 1.1.1 and I am unable to download grades from the grades.php page within Internet Explorer 6.0 (under WinXP), neither in xls nor in text format.  This happens no matter how large or small the class is or how many different grade categories there are.  Downloads work properly in Mozilla.

Attached is a screenshot of the error messages I get when trying to download in text format:

Attachment downloaderr.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

Re: Errors downloading grades

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -

And here are the error messages for download in xls format:

Attachment downloaderr2.gif
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

by Girishan Shanmugam -
I had similar problems with IE , but  this problem has been fixed in the latest  CVS smile
In reply to Girishan Shanmugam

by Takahiro Kagoya -

I have similar problems . Now I ' m using ver 1.3. on Windows IIS.

My another test site has no problem. It is running on Windows Apache.

Please give me idea for this.

In reply to Takahiro Kagoya

by Peter Sereinigg -

Check your chars in the name of the titels of the moduls, if there are forbidden chars " : " "\" "/" ... you will get errors like this. Moodle takes f.e. the quizname and tries to use it as filename.

Peter

In reply to Peter Sereinigg

by Takahiro Kagoya -

Thank you for your reply.

"title of the modules" you explained  means "course name" ?

Yes, I am not using these characters for a course name. And I can download Excel format file. When I download only Text format file, the file name is changed to string like a URL. (I can download quiz result report in Text format.)

I thought clean_filename function in course/grades.php has a bug but on another test site I can download Text format grade file.  A difference of these two is WWW server(IIS,Apache) and Moodle version(1.3, nighty) and Windows ( IIS run on Win2kServer , Apache run on WinXP).  Both site is running in Japanese. I checked in another language setting for a course.