How do I find info

Re: How do I find info

by ben reynolds -
Number of replies: 2

No question the learning curve for Moodle is steep. I remember it well.

The Glossary of Common Terms is helpful for learning, for instance, that what Moodle calls a "course" is what most people think of as a virtual classroom.

But, also, Mary has made a pile o' YouTube videos, as have others. They're short and have the virtue of being able to pause and repeat, etc.

Also, some of Mary's books, while aimed at teaching French, are quite good at showing how to do many teacherly things, like uploading a whole folder of files and making them available to students.

As with many new experiences, the real trick is to know how to ask a question in Moodle-ese, and that does take a while. My cheap search approach is to use Google and say something like "Moodle enrollment [something else]," which usually gets me to the documentation on [something else].

Enjoy!

In reply to ben reynolds

Re: How do I find info

by Does This Display -

Thanks Ben.  Right now I can not even log in to my site. 

I really do wonder about Moodle, MoodleCloud, etc.  Seems like it should be easier to set up.  To me it seems like one step should lead to the next.  I actually sometimes get the feeling that it was thrown together, put out there without really being ready to sell.  I admit I still have the free version, and think it is right for Moodle to let people try it out first.

I still think it must be easier to set up than it seems.  It just doesn't make sense to be so difficult when it would be so easy to streamline it.

I do hope I get some clear answers on this.  I hope I don't just get discouraging leads as if to communicate to me that only the strongest and most fit survive here.  I may not be the smartest, but I just can not seem to get past the idea that it seems way more difficult than necessary.