Forgot how to find the Forgot Password button

Forgot how to find the Forgot Password button

by Does This Display -
Number of replies: 9
It has been almost a week since I visited my site.  I guess I must have changed my password and forgot to write it down.  But when I try to log in, the log-in screen simply responds with Invalid username or password, but does not have a forgot password button.  Seems like I came across this problem before, but I can not remember what I did.  I remember planning to change my password last week, but if I remember correctly, I never did find a way to change it.
How do I have MoodleCloud send me a link or whatever to update my password?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Does This Display

Re: Forgot how to find the Forgot Password button

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Here’s the link I gave you last week: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=349390#p1409643

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Does This Display -

Doesn't work Jon.

I've tried following that link in various ways, including bringing it up in a new window and it always takes me to a screen that has a big thick black bar across the top and the rest of the screen (on down) is vaguely pink with white to pink shaded circles and no text, no links, no command buttons - pretty much a blank screen.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you click the link https://guessandcheckdiscovery.moodlecloud.com/login/index.php then you should see this page:

If you then click the orange sentence Forgotten your username or password? you will be taken to this page:

Type in the email you used for this site and click the orange search button. You should then receive an email to reset your password. Or if you can remember the username you used then type that in and click that orange Search button instead.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Does This Display -

Success: I was able to log in using Internet Explorer. 

I was trying to use Firefox.  I set it up on Firefox. Now I wonder why I can no longer use Firefox.

Thank you.

by Does This Display -

Had a scare earlier today.  It wouldn't come up using Internet Explorer for quite some time.  As I sat there waiting for a long time, it suddenly popped up.  For a while I thought is was doing the same as Firefox.  It still will not come up using Firefox - as described previously.  I wish I could use both.  I used to use Firefox.  I wonder what happened.

by Rick Jerz -

Your post made me what to try accessing my moodlecloud from Internet Explorer 11.  It came up in less than 15 seconds.  Then I tried from Safari on my Mac (at the same time.) Again, less than 15 seconds.

Maybe you have your security settings set too tight on your computer?  Or maybe your Internet speed is very slow.  What is it?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Does This Display -

It is happening again. I had two sites, but seem to have lost the site I did all the work on.

I can log into a site that I only logged into about twice and never used again since probably January.

But I can not log into the site I have been working on.

Can anyone explain this?

by Jon Bolton -

Hi Donald

If you’re using MoodleCloud, you can only have one site - unless you have a paid subscription as well (or have more than one mobile phone number!)

Are you still using https://guessandcheckdiscovery.moodlecloud.com ?

If so, 

• the login page is here, and
  • the forgotten password page is here

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Rick Jerz -

If this is Does This Display's moodlecloud, it works for me in Firefox Mac.

Attachment DoesThisDislay.jpg