Viewing questions in quizzes

Viewing questions in quizzes

by Roslyn Ridley -
Number of replies: 3

I have a quiz which is set to new page for every question. It was changed to all questions on 1 page but then changed back we did check the repageinate box when making the changes. 

The issue I am having is some users see it 1 question per page and some see all questions on 1 page. Can anyone give me a reason and how to stop this from happening. I would like 1 question per page as it is a rather long quiz and if they are all on one page it does not save the answers after each question.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roslyn Ridley

Re: Viewing questions in quizzes

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The layout of each student's quiz attempt is set at the moment they start their quiz attempt.

There is no official way to change it. The only option would be to directly update the data in the database (risky!). However, I think the only thing that would need to be changes is the list in quiz_attempts.layout.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Roslyn Ridley -

Thank you. If I delete the attempts of this user will they see it 1 question per page if they start again.

In reply to Roslyn Ridley

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes. Will they mind you deleting their work?