I need help I hace a Moodle 2.4 site I would like to upgrade to Moodle 3.2.1+

I need help I hace a Moodle 2.4 site I would like to upgrade to Moodle 3.2.1+

by Marvin Tedder -
Number of replies: 5

Could someone Please help me do this upgrade , i Need someone to walk me thur the whole process.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marvin Tedder

Re: I need help I hace a Moodle 2.4 site I would like to upgrade to Moodle 3.2.1+

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

If you are looking for paid help, you should post on the Moodle jobs site.  There is ample documentation which should take you through the upgrade process.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: I need help I hace a Moodle 2.4 site I would like to upgrade to Moodle 3.2.1+

by Marvin Tedder -

Emma :

Thank you for your response.

I would rather learn to do this myself. I have read doc and youtube videos for 3 weeks and i still am unable to get a good upgrade. The docs say do something but I dont know where todoit. Please if you have the time to teach me I would be very thankful or direct me to someone who could.

Thanks again

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to give us details and ask specific questions.   

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Marvin Tedder -

Emma:

Thanks for your kind response.

What I have is

Moodle 2.3 that has a lot of content.

I have also Moodle 3.0.4 which was a 1 click install. with nothing in it that i need.

What i want is to upgrade.

To understand how to upgrade to Moodle 3.2.1+ or what ever is the most current. I have been trying to do this for 3 weeks. Without sucess.I need to know what to do and where to do it. My site is www.jumartraining.com/online

and www.jumartraining.com/elearning. i would like to move the online to elearning.

thanks so very much for any help.

by Emma Richardson -

It sounds like you are trying to migrate your 2.3 site and upgrade it - correct?  So go through the migration part first (follow documentation on that).  Once you have it moved and working, then start on the upgrade - I suggest maybe going to 2.7 first and then to 3.2.  Backup everything first.

You say you have been trying but you haven't told us what EXACTLY you have done and where you have gotten stuck.  We need specifics.