All possible right answers - Short Answer Questions

All possible right answers - Short Answer Questions

by David Maldonado -
Number of replies: 4

Good Afternoon Dear Moodlers,

I have a question regarding feedback in short answer questions with multiple answers. I have setup my quiz to show the right answers "During the Attempt" and "Immediate after the attempt" and it shows all the possible correct answers for multiple choice/multiple answer questions (see attached picture). However for Short Answer questions with multiple answers it doesn't work. It only shows one correct answer other than what I type.

Is there a way to make it so that it also shows all possible correct answers?

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Thank you!
--david  

Attachment answers.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Maldonado

Re: All possible right answers - Short Answer Questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The best approach is to not rely on Moodle's automated display of the right answer. Instead, explain the right answer in the General feedback.

I thought I had seen what you ask for requested before, but I can't find it in the tracker.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That made me wonder how my Gapfill question type would deal with this (not that I am suggesting switching to it for this purpose), but if the question text is 

Moodle is:

Answer: [free|groovy|cool]

And the response does not match any of those words, the feedback is as in this screen shot.

As Tim says though, you would be well advised to put information in the feedback areas.

Attachment moodle_is_free.PNG
In reply to Marcus Green

by David Maldonado -

Thank you Marcus. I appreciate your response.

DM

In reply to Tim Hunt

by David Maldonado -

Thank you for the response Tim.

I appreciate it,

DM