Financial Questions

Financial Questions

by Susan Ware -
Number of replies: 7

I did ask this question several years ago and wonder if there has been advances now that would enable this question to be asked in a quiz.  

This questions is related to the assessment of Financial Statements in Accounting.

The main part I would like resolved is to link the stem 'Sales' with the amount '$950,000' for assessment purposes.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Ware

Re: Financial Questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you want us to see your video, you should not make it private.

Mind you, I woudl rather not spend time watching a vide. I would rather just read text. Can you describe what you want to do, just include a static screen-grab.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Susan Ware -

HI Tim

Sorry about that here is the explanation of what I want to achieve

My question has two parts to it – one called the stem (essentially the account name ... Sales) and the other the amount for the stem (950,000).  For students to get full marks they must have both parts of these correct and in the correct area/classification (not repeated) in the Financial Statement.

They could get part credit if they have Sales in the correct classification and a different amount, but it must not be repeated anywhere else in the question.

I hope that makes sense.

Kind Regards

Sue

In reply to Susan Ware

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So they just have to fill in specific things in the blank space?  You could use the cloze question type for this.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Susan Ware -

Hi Emma

Thanks heaps for you reply.

The two parts to the question are linked - so the marking has to look at both parts to get any marks, and it must be classified in the right part of the statement.  If it is repeated then penalties occur.  The cloze question looks at each part separately.

I have used the cloze question for just marking the 'Sales' and just marking the '$950,000', but it needs to mark both parts as one.

Hope that makes sense.

Kind Regards

Sue

In reply to Susan Ware

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I am not aware of an existing question type like this.

Cloze probaby does not work well,  because as well as putting the right entry in the right place, we also need other places left empty, and Cloze, and most other Moodle question types, don't really expect to handle empty boxes.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

My Gapfill question type can give marks for leaving a gap empty (when editing you put in [!!]) but the score is calculated from the total of what was correct and incorrect, there is no dependency between fields.