Trying to enroll students in course but the "gear" is missing.

Trying to enroll students in course but the "gear" is missing.

by Rick Cheney -
Number of replies: 2

I have a Moodle course setup and I want to manually invite students.  The documentation and the videos say: "Go to 'Enrolled users' from the gear menu in the nav drawer Participants link"

When I go to the Course and then Participants, I don't see a Gear.   I checked the plugins and I do have Manual Enrollments installed and active.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Cheney

Re: Trying to enroll students in course but the "gear" is missing.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rick,

It sounds as though you are using a theme other than Boost, right? In which case, you'll find 'Enrolled users' under Course administration > Users in the Administration block.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Trying to enroll students in course but the "gear" is missing.

by Rick Cheney -

Thank You very much Helen.  That was exactly what I needed.  I was able to enrol users.  You asked about the Theme.  Do you recommend any specific theme?

I am not clear on the concept of how people are invited to a class/course.

When I add a new User, should I pick Manual Account or Email-based self-registration?    

What I would like to do is create a webinar with the BigBlueButton plugin, and then email students an invitation to attend the webinar, I will need to provide students with usernames and passwords.