Safe Exam Browser - Why does latest version have a visible exit button

Safe Exam Browser - Why does latest version have a visible exit button

by Declan Maher -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all

Moodle 3

SEB version 2

Previously SEB version 1.9

Current version of SEB has a visible exit icon to leave  SEB which was not visible  with older version(1.9).  In 1.9,  pressing three   function keys was required to exit and this was undertaken by appropriate personnel after the student had submitted their exam.  With the newer version, students can click the exit icon, leave SEB browser, explore the Web, hard drive etc and then return to SEB and continue on with a Moodle exam!!  I do not understand the reason why this is offered as it negates the whole idea of students being locked into SEB browser and not being able to exit.  Allowing them to exit would be perfectly fine so long as they could not then re-enter and continue .  Could anyone explain why this new feature is present.  I am clearly missing something.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Declan Maher

Re: Safe Exam Browser - Why does latest version have a visible exit button

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you are more likely to get a good answer if you post in the SEB forums: https://sourceforge.net/p/seb/discussion/844844/

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Safe Exam Browser - Why does latest version have a visible exit button

by Declan Maher -

Thanks Tim, will do.