creating a quiz in moodle 3.1

creating a quiz in moodle 3.1

by com cen -
Number of replies: 8

hi guys ....

i want to ask if i can make quiz in moodle 3.1 for the students which they don't enrolled to any course (unenrollment users)  , can i ???

and what the uses of question bank ??

thanks for all   

Average of ratings: -
In reply to com cen

Re: creating a quiz in moodle 3.1

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can add a quiz on the front page of the site. See https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Main_menu_block

In reply to Tim Hunt

by com cen -

you mean add quiz block in front page ?? or what ?? 

i saw the link attached link , but my question is can i create users and let them do a quiz only without enrolled them in any present course ??

and what is the benefite of category in question bank , when it used ??

thanks very much for your attention and quick reply

In reply to com cen

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The main menu block allows you to add activities to the front page.  However, if you need to track grades for the quiz, you would be better to contain it in a course.

Categories allow you to randomly select questions from a group of questions.  You can put them all in a category and then select a random question from the category.  Please read the documentation.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by com cen -

so how can i add  main menu block in front page (moodle 3.1 )?? i fellow the link below :

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Main_menu_block

but i don't know how to Turn on the editing on the front page ?? 

any further details ,  links or videos please ....

thank you so much 

In reply to com cen

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Admin Settings/Front Page Settings/Turn Editing on

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Following Emma's suggestion, in my moodle on the upper right side I have a button called "Blocks Editing On."  I click on it, then return to my frontpage and I see that I can add blocks.

Somehow I had never noticed what Emma pointed out.  So alternatively, you can go into any course, click on the button "Turn editing on" and then click on any link that takes you to your front page (such as Home in my Breadcrumbs.)

If I am not mistaking, either method gets you to the exact same place, but I might be wrong.

by com cen -

oh !!!! but i miss the turn editing on/off button ????

do you know my moodle version is 3.1 with default theme and i don't have it ?? 

what can i do ???