Organizational Hierarchy Support

Organizational Hierarchy Support

by ethan estes -
Number of replies: 4

Hi! I've been away from Moodle for a bit. I have a feeling the answer to my question is no, but i wanted to ask:

Does Moodle3.2 now support organizing users to an organizations structure/roles? Users have a team leader or dept head who can login and see a dashboard of their users and where they are in their courses, run reports on them, Regional/Division heads can login and see all the teams/depts below them, courses can be configured and assigned to roles that are then assigned to a user etc?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ethan estes

Re: Organizational Hierarchy Support

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yep, Iomad (a Moodle fork/extension) does exactly that. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I like to think of it almost as a branch as much as a fork, i.e. it adds features but over time the intention is to keep its core aligned with Moodle. Is that fair?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yeh - we do our best to build it from plugins. By it's very nature (multi-tenancy) there are a few core changes but we try to keep them to an absolute minimum.