Web Pages

Web Pages

by marwa bekrar -
Number of replies: 5
Hello Moodle community,

I need to create web page accessible for everyone. I succeeded in creating the page  as a "Page module" ressource: 

The page is accessible from a button in slideshow : 

But the  problem is that I cant' hide this Icon from my home page without hiding the article : 

How can I make my page clean from these links to improve the design? 

Sorry for asking this question that can be obvious for others but I didn't find any help for moodle 3.1. 

Thanks;  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marwa bekrar

Re: Web Pages

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

AFAIK, these are inherent within the basic theme of Moodle, and therefore, by extension, throughout all themes. You can remove them, but you will need to find the right parts of every theme file and make sure the references to them are all deleted. For this you will need some PHP, JavaScript and CSS skills. If you are not really familiar with these things you have not got a hope of removing them. 

The alternative is to find a basic theme and rewrite it, from scratch. Remove all references to the icons and replace them with nothing or with something innocuous. Again, you will need some CSS, JavaScript and PHP skill to make it work. 

To learn how to create a theme, try these Moodle Docs, they should provide you with sufficient information on how to start it. Further advice can be gained from the Themes forum. Bon chance!

In reply to marwa bekrar

by Just H -

Try the Statics Page plugin rather than a course resource.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to marwa bekrar

by Paula Clough -

Marwa,

This is what we used to do when we wanted to link to an activity but didn't want it showing on the course page.

Add an extra section to your course from the edit settings for the class or using the plus at the bottom of the course page in edit mode. Create the page here in the extra section at the bottom or move it to this section if it is already created. Then go back to your edit settings for the class or use the minus at the bottom of the course page in edit mode and change it to one less section. This will effectively hide it on the course page that the students can see, but they should still be able to get into the page you created when they click on the link in the slide show.   You can see that extra section when you as a teacher are in the course in editing mode.

Hope that helps cool

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paula Clough

by marwa bekrar -

Paula,

I don't know if I understand well your post. I tried your solution and I added my content to  an extra section : 

and the I hide it using minus button. But when I try the link, I go to the course page. I think I am missing something in your solution.