Email setup

Email setup

by Aditya Dubay -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I am using Moodle 3.1.1

I wish to know that where I need to setup an email details so that user can get email if I upload user or manually create them or they forget password because right now no user is getting emails on either account creation or on forget password.

Email must shoot on all instances like uploading user, manually creation of user or forget password.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aditya Dubay

Re: Email setup

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

'No support yet' ... a day later from original posting.   Sigh!   This is community support ... no one paid to support.   So please be patient.

EMail issues are or could be quite involved.   So I'll at least begin the 'discussion/cussion':

In your Moodle setup, are you using an SMTP server to relay mail?  or are you using the built in Moodle PHPMailer?

Do you have access to the SMTP server logs?

Do you have access to your Moodle servers logs?  (not the logs inside Moodle, but operating system logs)

Are you running Windows, Linux, Mac?

on shared hosting dedicated hosting or ???

Moodle isn't and never has been a mail server.  It's just an app which might have need of sending mail ... notifications, forum postings, new user, forgot password, etc..   Thus, it actually might be trying to send in all those thing, but network it's hosted upon doesn't allow port 25 (smtp) mail traffic out OR the receiving mail servers are blocking any mail from your Moodle server because of spam checking.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Aditya Dubay -

Hi Ken

Thanks for reply.

For "No support yet", yes may be I am IMPATIENT because when I saw that queries posted after my query is getting answers but no one is looking at my query. I dont know about paid/unpaid but I feel if someone know something he/she can share with person who need help in that topic.

Anyways,

I configure EMail (Site administration > Plugins > Message outputs > Email) but I wont send email if I upload user through csv.

Thanks

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

'don't know about paid/unpaid ...' .... really?

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Messaging_settings

The sections on EMail SMTP hosts/security etc.

Again: have you checked Moodle server logs?   Not the logs in moodle, but operating system logs.  If Linux, the mallog.

IF email relayed to an SMTP server, it's logs.

Seems like a simple question, but resolution of problem may not be.

'spirit of sharing', Ken