General help

Dataform Help - Adding files on behalf of students

Picture of Rivv Smith
Dataform Help - Adding files on behalf of students

Hi All,

I am try to find a way around using the assignment activity to submit a file on a students behalf.

I found this: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=311150#p1245761

And I have followed it to a tee but it just does not work, I cant browse a list of users nor can I add a file, even to myself it just doesn't work.

Looking at the above can anyone tell me if there is a missing step or even another way to achieve uploading files to a student??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

(Moodle 3.0.2)

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Hartmut Scherer
Re: Dataform Help - Adding files on behalf of students
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Rivv,

I followed all the steps of the link and they work. For your convenience, I attached a preset which you can apply to a fresh Dataform activity. You need to click on the magnifying glass in front of "Manage List."

dataform views

With kind regards,

Hartmut

Picture of Rivv Smith

Thanks for the help Hartmut,

Still doesn't work for me, attached are the screens I see when I click the manage list through the magnifying glass as you said, this is also using your preset..

I dont see any of the participants in the first screen.

Then when I click Add entry there is no participants to select nor an area to drop files into.

Clicking sae just adds a blank line to the entries with the username and nothing else.

I have tried this as an Admin, Teacher and course creator with no luck.

Have also tries with default theme in case something funny was going on.

Strange.....

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Hartmut Scherer
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Rivv,

Which version of Dataform are you using?

I will try it again. Start a fresh Dataform activity, save it, and apply the preset of my previous post. 

after applying the preset

Go to the administration block > Manage > Views. You should see the following screenshot.

manage > views

Click on the magnifying glass and then on "Add a new entry". 

add a new entry

The teacher's name is there by default but in the drop down menu you can select other users. In the Feedback area, you can upload a file. In my example, I selected Test Student. After uploading and saving a file, it looks like this:

list with one file

With kind regards,

Hartmut

Average of ratings: Useful (1)