Log for enrolling students

Log for enrolling students

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Number of replies: 5

HI,

One of my teachers is suggesting that when she enrolls a student in a course, they are then unrolled in Moodle due to an error and this occurs repeatedly. I have never experienced this and am quite dubious that this has actually occurred. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

And... can anyone direct me to a log which shows the action of a teacher enrolling a student so i can check whether she has actually tried to enrol this student?

We are on Version 2.9.4+

Many Thanks,

Leticia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

Re: Log for enrolling students

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Take a look in Site admin > Reports > Logs.

Look for items done by that Teacher on a particular day (to cut down the # items).

If they are successfully enrolling someone there will be two sequential log entries where the Event names are 'User enrolled in course' and 'Role assigned' showing the teacher enrolling the particular user, with the student name listed in the 'Affected user' column.

It is not possible for an otherwise normal user in a Teacher role in a course to remove a user's account from Moodle or indeed to affect their user account at all.

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Thank you for the information. I have tested this and I can not find any reason this would occur on site. I am pleased that my suspicions have been cleared.

I personally believe it is a lack of Teacher action on their behalf.

Thanks again.

Leticia

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This sounds like a situation were you might want to watch over her shoulder! wink

In reply to Howard Miller

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Ha !!

Funny you should mention that....i can't even turn due to the knife in my back mixed

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just checking you don't have any automatic processes that might be enrolling/unenrolling. 

As well as the site logs, which can be a bit overwhelming, each course has its own log too, from the course administration block.

If I can't reproduce an error, I like to go and visit the teacher and get them to do the task while I watch. It's the simplest way to suss things out.

Mark