solr alternative

Re: solr alternative

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That's interesting.   Usman is the resident IIS expert.   Maybe he will be kind enough to address the question/issue.   For that matter, anyone @Moodle.org would be nice.

Am kinda surprised at the response from Bitnami, however, but maybe I shouldn't be.   It seems to me that one could run the Bitnami stack for solr ... which is apache only ... on the same server as IIS (that uses port 80 and contains the moodle code) .... the Bitnami stack with apache and solr would run on port 8080.

Yep, that would be a rather complicated setup and a challenge for experienced IIS server admins as well (I imagine).

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

Re: solr alternative

by Jeff Noel -

I know this is an old thread, but my comment might actualy help someone else.

I had issues with my manual installation of Solr on Windows, so I tried the Bitnami Stack. I have IIS running on port 80. Configured Bitnami's Apache Solr stack for 8982 (as Solr service will use port 8983). It's working flawlessly and I was able to migrate my existing Solr indexes easily.

So for anyone wondering if it's feasible, Ken's theory was right: it can be done and it's working fine on an IIS setup.