Gradebook - how to change submission status?

Gradebook - how to change submission status?

by Mark Hayes -
Number of replies: 9

Using Moodle 3.1.2

How to change the submission status in the Grade book?
I have edited the Submission Status to remove the submitted file, but the status does not change.

submission-status.png

In reply to Mark Hayes

Re: Gradebook - how to change submission status?

by Mark Hayes -

I am using the Submission Status in the Gradebook along with the Progress plugin.

If an assignment is submitted but not graded, it appears as YELLOW on the student's progress bar. 
If the submission is incorrect and should be resubmitted, I want it to appear as RED again (not submitted)  to alert the student that they must submit again. (GREEN means submitted and marked.)

In reply to Mark Hayes

by Al Beal -
You could set a passing grade on the assignment, then grade it below that, or as 0, it should show as incomplete on the progression bar this way.

Also its better practice as the user will have a copy of their file to refer to, maybe they are at a different location and need the file.

In reply to Al Beal

by Mark Hayes -

Each assignment is worth one point; one means done, zero means not done.

In this case, the student has submitted something, the mark is zero (not marked yet), and the item is orange on the progress bar (as expected).

I need a way to 'reject' the submission so that the progress bar goes back to red. Removing the submitted file does not do it; after deleting the submitted file, the status remains "submitted for grading".

I am looking for some clarification on what the assignment status means.
It seems once a student submits something, the status is fixed at "submitted for grading" until a mark is assigned (regardless of whether the submitted item is deleted before marking).

In reply to Mark Hayes

by Al Beal -

You need to configure the Progression Bar Block, under each activity module settings there's an option "Action", set it to 'passed'. Now linked to your passing grade (assignment settings) of 1, when you grade the users submission mark it as 0 and it should now show as red.

I've just tested on my site, it all works, let me know if you have any problems.

In reply to Al Beal

by Mark Hayes -

Al -
Per the plugin author's recommendation, I have uninstalled the Progress Bar plugin (no longer supported) and replaced it with the Completion Progress plugin.

I do not see "Action" option you are referring to.  
I am running moodle 3.1.2.  Which version are you using?

In reply to Mark Hayes

by Al Beal -

So I'm using Moodle 3.0.5+ (Build: 20160721)

Progress Bar Block 

Version for Moodle 2.0 to 3.1 (final)

On the left if a cut out of the overview bar, and the right is a cut out of the options for available activities

progression bar

In reply to Al Beal

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, so what is your question? 

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Al Beal -
Me  or Mark? 

I'm getting a bit lost in these threads,  I was showing him how I work the progression bar which in my eyes should work for him

In reply to Al Beal

by Mark Hayes -

Beal -
As you mentioned, if I enter a non-passing mark of 0, the cell in the bar goes from Yellow to Red.
Thanks, was not aware of this.
This might be better than reverting from Yellow to Blue as it makes it clear that some feedback has been given and the work is not done; as apposed to Blue which would indicate they have not attempted the assignment yet.