Moodle documentation not correct

Moodle documentation not correct

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 7

I have just upgraded to 3.0 and am having to modify my course content to cope with all the changes.

I need help with deleting quiz attempts by a student so went to

https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Quiz_reports

"

"

But if I follow the breadcrumbs as suggested in the Administration block, I get the following.  There is no quiz administration option, or results, etc.  Have the birds eaten the breadcrumbs?

"

In reply to Velson Horie

Re: Moodle documentation not correct

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You need to click on the quiz and then you see it and then click 'Results' to open up other options:

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Velson Horie -

Thank you. Simple when you start in the correct place. 

I thought that the right place to start for grade administration for quizzes was in Grades - there could be a menu link from grades administration to the various types of activities.

The documentation needs to allow for people like me who edit their courses once a year, and use the documentation less frequently, but especially when there has been a significant change.  Just adding Home>Quiz>Administration>Quiz Administration would help, though your sentence is clearer.  And of course, this applies to all the documentation.

In reply to Velson Horie

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi again and thanks for the feedback smile The documentation is a collaborative wiki that anyone is welcome to edit so please feel free to make those changes yourself if you think they will help other people.

In fact, the location for quiz results hasn't changed from 2.8 onwards but I think they key thing is that you take each quiz individually, so you need to be in the course where your particular quiz is in order to edit its results.  I have rephrased the top line; please edit it to make it clearer if you would like to.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Velson Horie -

Thank you.

I have just been upgraded from 2.3, so lots of interrelated bits have changed.  My previous knowledge is an impediment. That means that edits I make are likely to be based on the wrong assumptions, so I am grateful for your rapid pointer in the right direction.

In reply to Velson Horie

by Mary Cooch -

Hi again - I expect you are very very busy but if it helps, we are currently running a free online course (MOOC) for using Moodle for beginners and even though you are not a beginner it would give you an insight into later versions of Moodle. You can sign up on https://learn.moodle.net/

We ran the course on Moodle 3.0 in January and the videos are all available on our Youtube channel here (Scroll down to the Learn Moodle section and you will see 3.0)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Velson Horie -

Thank you for the prompt. Initially I learnt only what I needed, and much of that has sloughed off.

So I hope to take up the offer.

In reply to Velson Horie

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Actually there is.  If you click on the any of the activity names at the top of the column, it will take you to the appropriate activity.