Media button not available in Atto when leaving quiz comment

Media button not available in Atto when leaving quiz comment

by Stephen Leonard -
Number of replies: 5

I'm just wondering if there's a reason why the media button isn't available in the text editor whenever you're trying to leave a comment for students in quiz questions? Is this a bug or is there a reason for this? Either way, is it possible to modify this so that it's possible to use the button when giving feedback? Here's two photos to explain what I mean.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Leonard

Re: Media button not available in Atto when leaving quiz comment

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

What are you attempting to leave, video feedback linked from an external site? 

If you grab an embed code from the external site, you would be able to embed the video via the HTML button.

In reply to John Provasnik

by Stephen Leonard -

That's a good idea but I actually want to leave audio feedback that is recorded in Moodle itself. It's recorded through a plugin that is located in the repository section, so for the text editor I need the media button to appear in order to use it.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Stephen,

The media button disappears because upload capability is not implemented for the comments area. In fact, if you have the PoodLL Repository toolbuttons installed for Atto, that is why they disappear too, when you want to make comments there.

You could work around this if you had the Generico filter installed by recording your comments elsewhere and using the Genrico filter to link to them and thus allow the student to play the audio from the comments. I've even done this workaround with videos and it does work.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Some places in Moodle where users can input text can handle files. Others can't.

At the moment, manually grading questions is one of the areas that does not support it. MDL-41090 is the feature request for this.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Stephen Leonard -

Thanks for the answers Al and Tim.