Moodle without themes

Moodle without themes

by Efrain Tacoronte -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

I recently install a Moodle 3.1 in my shared Godaddy server. I have a Moodle 1.9 that Godaddy provides me with the installer they have. I decided to install a fresh new Moodle 3.1 in my hosting account. After following all the steps in the Moodle documentation I had install a copy of the Moodle 3.1 but the program looks differently from what it is suppose to look. It looks like no theme whatsoever is installed and also no theme can be installed.  Any one can help with this problem. I had attached some print screens from the webpage where Moodle is installed.MOODLE WITHOUT THEME

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Efrain Tacoronte

Re: Moodle without themes

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Someone else just had this very same problem a few days ago.

See if you can go to Site Administration, Development, Purge all caches, and see if this fixes the problem.

If not, tell us how you installed your moodle.

(I have an experimental Godaddy hosted server, and it appears to work fine.)

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Efrain Tacoronte -

Hi Rick

I tried to purge all caches as you mention before, but it stays the same.

How I install Moodle:

1. Downloaded Moodle 3.1 from the moodle.org

2. Using a FTP I uploaded all files to a folder.

3. I called the folder from my web browser, after that I follow the steps in moodle installation.

4. I had problems with the moodledata folder, that it requieres to be in folder not accesible to the public.

After that the program installs but with out any styling sheet of any theme. Is there any way around this. Thank you.

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

If you can go to your moodle, site administration, server, and click on environment, which ones do not say "OK"?

So what did you do about your moodledata folder? Where is it right now?

You might need to establish this moodledata folder from cPanel | FileManger.  It should be one level before your public_html folder, meaning not accessible to the public.  Typically, I like to do this before initiating the moodle install from the browser.  Make sure to give it 777 rights.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The themes are installed just the CSS is not being created - the 'all' file that you should see on the 'Network tab' on the browser development tools.  Look in the PHP log on the server for error messages.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Efrain Tacoronte -

Apparently it appears that a CSS do not exist. Is there any where we can repair this or is this an error of installation?

by Efrain Tacoronte -

Hi to everyone

After some reaserch I found the anser to the problem. It is not my solution, but it worked for me.

The link to the original post is:  LINK

This solution should work. I ran into the same problem after I migrated from local to production and I had to disable Use slash arguments in

Sites Administration > Server > HTTP.

It is the first item you see on the page. Just deselect it if it is checked and save to see if that helps