Plugins adoption - regular expression questions

Plugins adoption - regular expression questions

by Nicolas Dunand -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

I just noticed that the qtype_regexp (together with qbehaviour_regexpadaptivewithhelpnopenalty and qbehaviour_regexpadaptivewithhelp) plugin has been put up for adoption. In fact, development for this plugin has stopped for at least a couple years.

As we've been offering this for years to our teachers, we'll have to make sur it's fully Moodle 3.1-compliant by the end of July. I won't be able to do much more though. So I could temporarily adopt this plugin (is there even such a thing?), at least to provide a version officially supporting Moodle 3.1.

Is that envisageable?

(Edited by David Mudrák - original submission Thursday, 16 June 2016, 4:30 PM)

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Nicolas Dunand

Re: Plugins adoption programme

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Nicolas. Thanks for your kind offer. Yes, Joseph has retired from Moodle development some time ago so it will help if you could check for the current state of the plugins and fix eventual regressions. I believe there will be no fixes needed, of only some trivial ones.

I made you the current lead maintainer of all the three plugins and I left them in the "Seeking new maintainer" set. I believe it best describes the current state.

When looking at the plugins, can I ask you to provide all the recommended details such as descriptions, screenshots etc. Thanks a lot in advance.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Plugins adoption programme

by Nicolas Dunand -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

Thanks, that's exactly what I was hoping for. I'll push the relevant modifications and publish the new version supporting Moodle 3.1 as soon as I've gone through them.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)