GAME BOOK

GAME BOOK

by Alex Varsakopoulos -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I haven't been able to get the game/book to play. Is there documentation to show how to link the game/book to a book from which quetions are drawn?

Thank you,

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

Re: GAME BOOK

by Derek Chaplin -

Hi Alex,

Do you mean the Activites/Games plugin found here: https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_game ?

If so, the questions are drawn from a Book Resource that you create beforehand. So the general steps are:

1. In the course where you want to use the Game-Book activity, Add a Book Resource and create several chapters. Each chapter title will be a question heading in the Game-Book quiz and the chapter content will be the content of the "question"
  2. After you have saved the Book, go to Add an activity or resource,  then choose Games, Book with questions
  3. The page should then look something like that shown below with the select a book drop-down already selecting the Book you just created.

4. Fill in the rest of the options and Save.
  5. It should now work

If you run into Error 500 - Internal File Server errors you'll have to fix these on your server. I've found that if you follow the steps here, that should fix the error. Apparently this is a Moodle system bug that was re-introduced in version 3.x and is slated for fixing in a new release.

Hope this helps

cheers,

Derek

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Derek Chaplin

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for your instructions. It worked, except now I'm not clear how to generate the questions?  I see the chapter titles right to the left of  the book as you can see in the screenshop.

I was expecting questions to be generated that the students will have to answer/quizzed on and their grade will go into their gradebook.

Is this not the case?

Thank you,

Alex

Attachment game book.JPG
In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

by Derek Chaplin -

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure how the Book game is supposed to work, I just know how to fix the problem.

I've checked for an explanation on how to use the module but the best I can find is here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=132026&parent=577993

I think we need someone to expand step 2 and explain it in much greater detail with very explicit instructions.

cheers,

Derek

Average of ratings: Useful (2)