Teacher cannot see "Turn Editing On" option

Teacher cannot see "Turn Editing On" option

by Karikalan Kumaresan -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I have a course with few teachers enrolled (manually) in it. The "Turn Editing On" is visible when the admin is logged in. However, when the teacher logs in and moves into the course where he is enrolled as a teacher, he could not see the "Turn Editing On" option, navigation block or course administration block.

When I add the user as a teacher in the "System roles", then he could able to see all these, but the issue is that we cannot add the teacher in both the places as he is not a system wide teacher, but a teacher only for that course.

Does anyone have an idea on why this is happening, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kari...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karikalan Kumaresan

Re: Teacher cannot see "Turn Editing On" option

by Albert Ramsbottom -

You need to add the ability to "turn editing on", to the teacher role

http//yourmoodle.com/admin/roles/define.php?action=view&roleid=3

I think the role is editing teacher, see if somone has turned this permission off!

Albert

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Karikalan Kumaresan -

Hi Albert, 

Thanks for the response. I have verified the permissions for the Teacher role and it seems the relevant permissions are allowed. Can you please specifically let me know which permission should be allowed to get the turn editing on feature for the teacher role?

Also, please note that if he is added as a teacher at system level, it works fine.

Thanks in advance,

Kari...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Can you go into the course and look in the Administration block > Users >Enrolled users and find the teacher and post a screenshot of what that line actually says? Or check it says "Teacher". The editing teacher role should be able to edit by default. Perhaps there is conflict with another role.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Karikalan Kumaresan -

Hi,

I have attached the screenshot. It just has the Teacher role, and also listed the other roles in the system. I am just wondering why it is only recognising the system level Teacher role, but not the course level teacher role.

Thanks,

Kari...

Attachment moodle.png

by Karikalan Kumaresan -
Hi Mary, Any update on this? Thanks, Kari...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

How about going to Site administration >Users> Permissions >Define roles and then  clicking on the Teacher role and then clicking the Reset button - that will reset the role back to its defaults. Then try with one particular test teacher, removing them from the sitewide role and then adding them into one course with the teacher role. Can they now edit that course?

by m question -
non editing teacher don't have turn editing on.
please go to SA>Users>Permissions>Define roles
select role teacher ,(its short name is editingteacher)

what is permission for Manage activities?

also what theme you are using?could you change it to clean and test the teacher