Availability of a stable release of Moodle 2.2 in Legacy?

Availability of a stable release of Moodle 2.2 in Legacy?

by Nate Stengrevics -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

We are preparing for an upgrade from a very old Moodle installation (2.1.2) to 3.0. I understand that 2.1.2 must first be upgraded to 2.2 prior to upgrading to 3.0.

I am concerned that the only version of 2.2 available for download is not marked as stable. Is there a stable version of 2.2 available for download?

I've played around with this upgrade process using a development site and have been fairly successful, but this detail concerns me. Thanks.

Nate

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nate Stengrevics

Re: Availability of a stable release of Moodle 2.2 in Legacy?

by Albert Ramsbottom -

They are in the Legacy download section

I would go to 2.2.11 and then maybe to 2.3.11 > 2.7+ > 3.0

In 2.3 there was a major assignment upgrade, so this needs to be completed before you can go past 2.7 (I think), please read the upgrading notes

smile

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Nate Stengrevics -
Albert,
Thank you for your reply. I already located the two releases you mentioned in the legacy section (2.2.11 and 2.3.11) but I am concerned that they aren't labeled as "stable". Are they stable releases even though they lack that description?

Nate
In reply to Nate Stengrevics

by Albert Ramsbottom -

They were the last stable versions of those releases

They are OK to use in an upgrade run

Cheers

PS I am not sure about a jump from 2.2 to 3.0, a lot changed in 2.3 and 2.7

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Nate Stengrevics -

Yes, Thank you for the heads up on the big changes in 2.3 and 2.7. I was successful in upgrading from 2.2 to 3.0; however, I preformed this upgrade with only a few restored courses with a small amount of users. Our production site, scheduled for upgrade, has a lot of users and over 100 courses.

Nate