Gift format multiple choice numbering and Random questions from Bank

Gift format multiple choice numbering and Random questions from Bank

by Lewis Hall -
Number of replies: 3

Good afternoon,

I have 2, maybe / hopefully easy questions.

I’m important questions into moodle using a spreadsheet which allows me to import into my question bank using the Gift format [all multiple choice]

first question - I can get it to import no problem but is there anyway to default the numbering option so it doesn’t show a,b,c,d etc..   I managed to change the default for if I add a question 1 by 1 but not when I import like this.

2nd question

If I can using the random question, does it track in the same quick which questions are used or is it literally random  e.g lets say I add 3 questions from category A, then 3 questions from Category B then I want 3 more questions from Category A but I want no duplicates from the first 3 used, will the system do this?

Regard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lewis Hall

Re: Gift format multiple choice numbering and Random questions from Bank

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moving to quiz forum...

In reply to Lewis Hall

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

1) There is not currently a good way to do this. The only way to do it is to edit one line of code in question/format.php, Change $question->answernumbering = 'abc'; to $question->answernumbering = 'none'; https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/question/format.php#L627

2) It does not matter what order random questions are added to the quiz. At the moment the student clicks 'Start attempt' it works out how many questions it needs to get from each category, and then selects them without repeats.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Lewis Hall -
Excellent!! Thank you so much Tim that has been super helpful!