Turn off Question Flagging

Turn off Question Flagging

by Alan Cherwinski -
Number of replies: 8

It looks like the plan had been to allow teachers to disable the Flagged Questions in a Quiz.

It was raised back in 2010, but I can't figure out how to do this in Moodle 2.3.3

Re: New feature for Moodle 2.0 - flagging questions during an attempt
by Helen Foster - Monday, 6 September 2010, 2:52 PM

"Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find a setting for teachers to configure whether flags are used on a particular quiz (as mentioned in the specification Development:Flagging questions during a quiz attempt). Just wondering whether this has not yet been implemented?"

Was this enabled?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Cherwinski

Re: Turn off Question Flagging

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There is a capability moodle/question:flag. Remove that from roles that you don't want to see the flags. You can either do that by editing the role definitions globally, or by overriding the permissions in just one quiz or course.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alan Cherwinski -

Thank you  - I didn't think of looking at the Roles. Great  - very helpful and fast.

In reply to Alan Cherwinski

by Paula Clough -

If you are talking about one quiz, go to the settings page, to layout section and click on the show advanced button.  Then go to the Navigation section and select sequential. 

Attachment sequential quiz.png
In reply to Paula Clough

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Paula, I think that is the answer to another question.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Paula Clough -

Yes, you are right.  I see it now.

Create a new role for students without flags allowed, then teachers can assign students to that role for that quiz. Simple fix for the teachers who want flags disabled.

Thanks,

Paula cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Robert Barone -

So if I understand correctly then, the teacher can't remove the flags, only an admin can. 

Flagging is something that involves teachers and students, could be useful in some quizzes and unworkable in others. Why would the admin be involved in this?

Hope I'm wrong. Please tell me if I am. Many of us Moodle teachers, and I'm at a major university in Europe, have little or no hope of contacting an admin.

In reply to Robert Barone

by Tim Hunt -

You are wrong.

In the quiz settings block, click on Permissions. There, you can change the permissions for students on this quiz.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Peter Diedrichs -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I do think the option to use/not use flagging should be more obvious and put in the quiz admin page. We have lots of teachers and though some of them use the more granular permissions settings, most of them think that's a bit to advanced.