hide calendar events for a particular course

hide calendar events for a particular course

by Rick Lindquist -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all,

I've got some users who are overwhelmed with course events on the calendar of one particular course (BIOL108). The teaching assistants would like to hide course events from BIOL108, but still see course events from their other classes.

I cannot see a way to do this without asking the teacher to remove all course events and repost them as group events. 

My instinct was to create a custom role for the TAs in this course. Then remove their permission to view calendar events. But there aren't any calendar view permissions that I can find. Why can't I do this with roles at the course context?

Anyone have a better idea than redoing every course event?

Rick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rick Lindquist

Re: hide calendar events for a particular course

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

How sad that no-one answered you here. 

I am one of the Moderators on the Themes forum, and I am currently working on a theme I made and have managed to manipulate the calendar quite well so far.  With this in mind I would like to help you solve your Course Events problem.

Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of the view of the events you are trying to hide.

I suspect that there could be a good chance you can do this using CSS which just makes the course 'event'  hidden from view.

On the other hand this might be a good opportunity to have an inbuilt setting so teachers could switch ON/OFF the events in certain courses. In which case this needs to be suggested in Moodle Tracker.

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Lindquist

Re: hide calendar events for a particular course

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Hi Rick,

Have they tried to Hide course events by clicking on the eye icon? See below

Average of ratings: Useful (3)