Choosing Versions!

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 5
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Choosing Versions!

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

RabNawaz,

First thing you'll be looking at is your plug-ins, as with the latest versions, the plug-ins may not be updated, so you'll end up in trouble. So take some time and see what plug-ins are installed, look out for those plug-ins if they are being supported by latest Moodle builds and give a go ahead.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Deleted user

by Derek Chirnside -

The best is 3.0.2

In an ideal world install a dev version, and check all your plugins and theme as Usman has suggested.

In some respects it is a pluses and minus thing as to which you can make do with.  Recently for us there were minor plugins we had to upgrade without - but what is minor depends on your specific uses.  And you can have problems when a plugin conflicts with another plugin.

When you come to do the real upgrade, of course you will do a backup.

Good luck

-Derek

In reply to Deleted user

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I suggest doing an "experimental" install of the latest moodle onto your server.  Then start adding your plugins.  Then add one course to see how it looks and behaves.  Then progress from there.

In reply to Rick Jerz

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Indeed it would be, I wonder why I haven't even thought about this Rick's idea despite knowing your server hardware and software.

Anyway, if you're updating to latest, striking double on Derek's recommendation, then I have already given access to tutorial showing installation of PHP on IIS using PHP Manager, so make use of PHP 7.0 this time.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)