Exporting text to portfolio

Exporting text to portfolio

by Tila Morris -
Number of replies: 3

In assignments it is possible to submit text to Moodle using the Atto text editor. If the export to portfolio is enabled it is exported as html. How or where should students export this to save it as plain text?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tila Morris

Re: Exporting text to portfolio

by Paula Clough -
Hello,

If you set up an assignment using the online text option instead of the upload a file, students can use the editor to submit their work. There is information on how to do this here. 

I don't have enough experience to tell you about the portfolio questions, perhaps someone else will answer.  They may need to know your version of Moodle and which portfolio you are using.

Hope that helps.

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Tila Morris -

Thanks for getting back so quickly Paula,

We have the text option set up on some assignments and upload a file on others. Students like to save their work to a portfolio. When they do this with a file, they export the file and save it where they choose and it looks the same in moodle and when exported out. With the text editor you can export to portfolio, but it saves as html. I was hoping there was an easy way to export it as plain text. We're using version 2.9.

Thanks again. smile

In reply to Tila Morris

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Tila,

Which portfolio system are you using? I would think that it is the portfolio that chooses how to display the contents.

Daniel