Another "A draft version of this text was automatically restored" issue....

Another "A draft version of this text was automatically restored" issue....

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

We have an Assignment with lots of groups and a teacher for each marking them. They have successfully marked around 250 submissions and then a problem was noticed. 

On attempting to edit the feedback text, the contents of the feedback edit box are *wrong* (some completely different feedback). The contents are different from that show everywhere else (which is correct) and, in particular, editing from the Gradebook is correct. 

At the bottom of the edit box it says "A draft version of this text was automatically restored". Just to be clear...

- this applies to all teacher in this course (and to Managers and admins)
- it applies to any browser/PC
- it *only* applies to this Assignment instance and the Feedback edit box
- as far as we can tell, the 'wrong' text is always the same. 

Switching to TinyMCE or each user resolves the problem. 

Any thoughts? I am at a loss. 

How does this feature work? Are there any docs? I'm happy to try to debug it but I don't know where to start. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Another "A draft version of this text was automatically restored" issue....

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just guessing but is this in any way related to MDL-52004 ?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yeh - that sounds exactly like it. Good spot... thanks. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I doubt it is actually changing the stored values. The problem may come after the edit window is opened. The old feedback is loaded, and then the last unsaved draft file will be loaded over it. The correct text can be restored by clicking undo or ctl-Z.

However, Mary is probably correct, and then you may be able to update your code to fix it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Daniel Thies

by Howard Miller -

It definitely isn't as the Gradebook view of the feedback is fine. 

The trouble is that it caused consternation amongst the staff in the department that got hit by it. We quickly worked out that the workaround was not to use Atto.