Help - My WYSIWYG Editors have disappeared / are not working

Help - My WYSIWYG Editors have disappeared / are not working

by Daryl Camfield -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Guys

This problem is driving me mad, and while its there nobody can use moodle properly.

The HTML editors that are usually on the appropriate text areas have suddenly stopped working. Both Atto and TinyMCE have stopped working and all I get now is plain HTML.

I've looked through the forum for a solution and I've tried everything I thought was related but to no avail.

I'm using moodle version 2.9.1 (the system has been upgraded many times to get to this version)

Thank you in advanced for your assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daryl Camfield

Re: Help - My WYSIWYG Editors have disappeared / are not working

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Got to 

admin/settings.php?section=manageeditors

And check that you have a WYSIWYG editor enabled (so not just plain text). If that looks OK,

in either Firefox or Chrome press the F12 key and find the  console tab. It will probably have a whole mess of error messages, one of which might give a clue to the problem.  Check it does not contain anything confidential and if so post the log (or the bit that looks like the likely cause) in this forum.

In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Help - My WYSIWYG Editors have disappeared / are not working

by Daryl Camfield -

Hi

Everything looks ok on the backend and when I look at Firefox's Javascript console I can't see any errors.

Do you know which javascript file runs Atto and what initially calls it?