Allow students to view their answer history in a quiz

Re: Allow students to view their answer history in a quiz

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

I have 2.9 so this may not help.   I set up a single calculated question, turned on all the review setting options, set the quiz to adaptive and unlimited attempts. 

My first student missed the question and clicked on the check box, saw it was red but decided to finished the quiz.   In the second attempt the student could not see the previous attempt. They scored zero on the quiz. The student could go back and review the first attempt before they tried it a second time.

My second student missed the question and clicked on the check box, saw it was red and changed the answer to the correct one.  They saw  "Accounting for previous tries, this gives 0.67/1.00."  I set a penalty for changing an answer during an attempt.  This student made a second attempt, answered the question correctly and received full credit for the quiz (because I said to use the highest score of all the attempts).

Interestingly, when my first student went back in to take take the second attempt, , this student got the correct answer, clicked the check box and changed the clearly "green" answer to a wrong answer but got credit for the first time correct answer in this attempt .   The review showed they missed the question but received 1 of 1 points for it.  They also received full credit for the quiz.

Chris