Delete or Hide "Marked out of"

Delete or Hide "Marked out of"

by Eyleen Granados -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone!

I'm working with a quiz and I don't want that the students can see the box next to the question. Is that possible?

If not, at least I can hide or delete "Marked out of" of that box?

I hope you can help me!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eyleen Granados

Re: Delete or Hide "Marked out of"

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Eyleen,

First the picture you showed was with someone logged in  who had editing powers in a quiz.  A student will not see "Edit question", but will the rest of the information plus how many out of the max they got on the question. 

I must ask why don't you want the teacher or student to see this information? 

There is no easy way to  hide or delete the the entire box. Especially if this needs to be done for a course or a specific teacher.   However, most things are possible in Moodle.

If you can edit the language pack you can put a space in the strings markedoutof  and markedoutofmax. 

To delete the box means changing the Moodle code outside of the the interface.  Off hand there are two places.

If you would accept the whole box disappearing, then you might create a custom theme which would make the box and it's contents invisible.  A custom theme can be applied to a course.  A custom theme can be a copy of your usual site theme with just that modification. your custom theme

Someone with Moodle knowledge and php skills could take out the code that displays that information. This would probably impact the entire site.  

Not sure this helps.  It is possible but not for the casual Moodle stroll.

Chris

In reply to Eyleen Granados

Re: Delete or Hide "Marked out of"

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try adding this to custom css area.

.que .info {
      display: none;

}

Average of ratings: Useful (2)