Category totalling

Category totalling

by Kelly Whitacre -
Number of replies: 1

In my class I have six categories with items/ quizzes under each one.   When the system calculates the categories, it give a total (for example, if three items are under a category with a max grade of 100 each, then the total is 300).  After calculating all of the categories, and only after I went in and added a calculation that averages the categories does it give me a "recognizable" grade, not the 500-600 plus grade.  

My question is there a way to, in each category, instead of having to write a calculation for every item, the system automatically grades/ averages each category.   I do have weights for each category, and the calculation is correct for them.

Attachment Moodle-gradebook.gif
In reply to Kelly Whitacre

Re: Category totalling

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Maybe I'm not fully understanding, but are you looking to have each Category show a Letter grade or Percentage or an Average, versus just the cumulative points total?

If so, navigate to Admin - Grades - Report Settings - Choose the report you want (i.e. User Report) : then check off what you need (i.e. Show average, Show Letter grades, Show Percentage)