How to denote Extra Credit on the User Report (2.8)

How to denote Extra Credit on the User Report (2.8)

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I'm looking for a way for Moodle to automatically denote which assignments are Extra Credit in the student User Reports.

Moodle 2.8's version of the "Full View" denotes a plus/minus next to extra credit assignments.

Is there a way to get something like this in the User Report so students know what assignments are counted towards extra credit?  We usually put "Extra Credit" somewhere in the title of the assignment, but sometimes teachers forget to do this...

Thanks!

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: How to denote Extra Credit on the User Report (2.8)

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I added Moodle Tracker MDL-52462 suggesting to add the (+/-) symbol next to extra credit on the User Report. Requesting input, particularly if you're a developer. 

A side note, regarding Extra Credit. Should people pass/fail extra credit assignment opportunities? Let's say you can earn up to 10 extra point by doing extra math problems, and you choose to complete 2 points worth. What is the ideal display for this if your User Report displays Letter Grades. I'm thinking an "F" is a bit harsh. I'm wondering what others think.

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: How to denote Extra Credit on the User Report (2.8)

by Mark McKay -

Hi John,

Thanks for creating and sharing this tracker ticket. I do think it's an oversight not to have an extra credit indicator for students (in fact, the EC marker in Categories and Items is probably insufficient).

As far as the letter grade, I think it should be omitted completely. The same if it is empty and Exclude Empty Grades is checked; it shouldn't say {excluded}

Mark