Embedding studystack activity on moodle page

Embedding studystack activity on moodle page

Höfundur John Weidner -
Number of replies: 3

I am the developer for another website called StudyStack.   I do not know much about moodle.   But a moodle user was trying to embed a StudyStack activity into their moodle page and ran into a problem.   She said after embedding the StudyStack code on her page that she "now cannot edit or add anything new to my course section."   Below is the code that she was trying to embed:

<iframe class="studyStackMatchingIframe" src="https://www.studystack.com/ipicmatch-2000420" width="1038" height=" 660" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="overflow:hidden"></iframe>

Is there something I need to change on studystack.com to make this compatible with moodle?   

Thanks,

John Weidner

Meðaltal dóma: -
In reply to John Weidner

Re: Embedding studystack activity on moodle page

Höfundur Colin Fraser -
Mynd af Documentation writers Mynd af Testers

Is this an Activity? A Resource? Or is she trying to put it on the course index page? It has  class statement in it, but is the class valid in Moodle? IU don't think so... see what happens if the class statement is dropped. BTW I would suggest the page is not rendering past the iframe code, as that is where an error is. Go to Site Admin > Development > Debugging and turn Error Messages to ALL:.... , See if an error message is generated when the page loads. That might give you an idea as to what might be happening. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

Höfundur John Weidner -

Here's the response I got back from the moodle user:

Tried dropping class part as suggested but I still have the problem.  I can also tell you that it makes no difference whether there is additional text there or not. I think the way round that is to put in <p> paragraphs.  I have recorded what I did, at least I can remove using chrome but we are not allowed chrome on our work computers!  I like the concept of studystack so would like to get to the bottom of this or we will have a load of areas that tutors cannot edit. 

She attached a video of what she is doing.   It was too large to attach here, so I made it available at:

In reply to John Weidner

Höfundur Colin Fraser -
Mynd af Documentation writers Mynd af Testers

Ahh the joys of using IE by the looks of it.... just dropped that same code into my test Moodle, and guess what, stopped allowing me to edit. I saved the label, going back to the course page, where it displayed properly as I thought it should. The Turn Editing Off button was still on the page, so I turned editing off, then turned it back on and it allows me to edit again. I have done the same thing in Chrome, pasted the same code, and there was no problem at all. There is an issue, but it is with IE and the likely culprit is IE's implementation of the iframe tag, I expect.