Following Upgrade, lost functions: pics plus

Following Upgrade, lost functions: pics plus

by Sally Crosiar -
Number of replies: 2

Following upgrade - which I did not perform and therefore do not know more than our site was upgraded to allow PayPal - we have lost several functions:

• When I attempt to post in a NewsForum, I get: Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_area_contains_subdirs() in /home/afterschool/www/www/moodle/mod/forum/classes/post_form.php on line 73
  • When I attempt to create new categories and/or sub-categories for courses, I get:  Fatal error: Call to undefined function file_area_contains_subdirs() in /home/afterschool/www/www/moodle/course/classes/editcategory_form.php on line 111
  • None of our images will post: When I attempt to upload an image, I get only the description of the image.

Any simple fix recommendations will be MUCH appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sally Crosiar

Re: Following Upgrade, lost functions: pics plus

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Upgrade from what version to what version?

The flippant answer is that whoever upgraded Moodle did it wrong. The hard bit is going to be to figure out how badly. If it was just between to versions of Moodle 2.x then I would start by deleting the Moodle code (not data) completely and replacing it with a fresh new version downloaded from moodle.org. Then, at least, you know you don't have corrupted code. We can go from there...

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Following Upgrade, lost functions: pics plus

by Brian Lockwood -

It would be a very good idea to ensure that the codebase you install is the same version as the codebase that is possibly corrupted.

If you do that, you will also need to put your old config.php in place otherwise the system will start the installation dialogue