installation

installation

by Raed mmm -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

I had error in moodle installation where, I downloaded it and extract all file inside C drive and made the IIS setting but when I browsed the site that I made it in IIS appeared this massage

"HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory."

anyone can help me to solve this error please.

thanks

Raed

Attachment 121.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raed mmm

Re: installation

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It sounds like you do not have permissions correct on your moodle folder.  Did you go through the installation instructions step by step?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Raed Mohammed -

thanks Mrs. Emma for your reply

i tried to install it by MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-29 where i download it and extract all files then i run start Moodle server but also i faced problem as in attached screenshot below

how i can solve it please.

Attachment 122.jpg
In reply to Raed Mohammed

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Raed,

your issue is "port conflict".
what happened is, you have setup IIS (in reference to your first screen shot), and then on top what you did is used Windows Installer package (in reference to your 2nd post).

Windows installer package comes with Apache web server pre-configured, and what actually is happening is IIS already has taken the port 80 and whilst windows installer package comes with Apache web server which also is configured to use port 80.

now, you have two options.

1: Either uninstall IIS from your system to free up port 80, plus all other applications that make use of port 80 (Skype and SQL Server reporting services also make use of port 80)

2: go into Apache configuration in Installer package, and change the listen port to something else (like 8080) and then you will be able to open your moodle with address "localhost:8080".

In reply to Usman Asar

by Raed mmm -

thanks Mr. Usman for reply

Actually, I'm already uninstall all (IIS,Skype and Firewall)

but still same problem. so how i can solve this problem please.

thanks again.

In reply to Raed mmm

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try deleting the cache folders in your moodledata folder (not the moodle folder).  See if that helps at all.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Raed mmm -

thank you very much for your help and support

i tried Mrs. Emma method and it's work very well

thanks again