Two further questions (RSS-Feed item title & Max. Entries)

Two further questions (RSS-Feed item title & Max. Entries)

by Barbara Braun -
Number of replies: 4

So we are getting there only final adjustments ...smile

Two things I couldn't figure out...

1. Is there a way to configure the RSS Item Title with a pattern or to show at least the conent of a field (similar to the moodle activity "database")- e. g. # #timecreated:date# # and [ [ title] ]?

2. We want our student to admit only one entry so we set Maximum Entries to 1. We got a "new entry"-view. The limitation works perfectly - but is there a possibily to prevent a student to go to the new entry form after he made his entry - or at least give them a hint when he/she tries to save another entry (at the moment it's not saved but the user is not aware of it as the form is just there so he could leave and think that his second entry is saved). At the moment we do include a permanent message above the form. Or do you have an idea of a better setup?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Braun

Re: Two further questions (RSS-Feed item title & Max. Entries)

by Itamar Tzadok -

1. Have you tried the RSS view type? The item title cannot currently process patterns, but the item description is the entry template which works just like in other view types.

2. Something to that effect is underway (although it may take a while). In the mean time you can send the student to add the entry in the designated view and display in that view the ##addnewentry## pattern. This pattern observes the max entry setting and will not be shown after the student added an entry.

hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Barbara Braun -
Thanks again!!! Any chance I can change the text on the button? (I changed the button via css ...)

by Barbara Braun -

Sorry. Found it (local language customisation) - will try to do it in AMOS as well. Now I face the challenge that the pattern only works if ##entries## is combined in the view - so entries are already displayed. Which I do not want to have there for the moment a students adds an entry. Anything I could do?

by Barbara Braun -

Okay - got it smile Just a missunderstanding of my role.

A student is not able to view all entries if you have the settings on seperate. Thanks again for your help and patience!