Restrictions to topics, activities and resources

Restrictions to topics, activities and resources

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

When I try to add a restriction based on a user profile feild I seem only to be able to apply this to the student role.

So I thought I would do this via groups instead but when I click on the add restriction button the group button is not there!

Anyone know where is gone?

I have done the following - Enable conditional access" box in Administration > Site administration > Advanced features.

Cheers

moodle 2.7

PPS, the course was restored from Moodle 1.9????

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: Restrictions to topics, activities and resources

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You  need to have groups enabled in your course and have groups for the groups restriction to appear. See Conditional activities settings

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Yes you are right but it will not work in my situation

Is there any other way to do this, the requirement is that people should be required to register for only 3 courses in our moodle.  The courses have been restored from another older moodle but the default role for these courses has been changed to "Practitioner"

So the student role for restrictions cannot be used.

At the moment I have a course header with links to the registration page, the registration page has an additional profile filed called "Access to this course"

I can then restrict the rest of the course by restricting the topic sections by using the restriction for students. unfortunately this course doesn't have any students only  practitioners

ummmmmm

This course needs to be browsable to not logged in users from the frontpage, and then have a header that encourages them to register so they can see the content

Cheers

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Can't you just change the default role back to Student? Or  does this practioner role have other capabilities? (And it is definitely a new role, not just a renamed student role?)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)