Trying to upload multiple files (have tried to zip!) PLEASE HELP!

Trying to upload multiple files (have tried to zip!) PLEASE HELP!

by Sarah P. -
Number of replies: 3
Hi there,

I have tried to upload multiple files to a SCORM package (which I'm aware I cannot do because it says attachment limit is 1), but the problem I'm having is that I'm zipping and trying to put onto moodle 28 different powerpoints. The extension names within each powerpoint (After they have been zipped) are the same so I cannot combine all of them into a compressed zip files otherwise it asks if I want to just replace one set of extensions with another.

My question is: How do I upload multiple SCORM packages into one (example):

DEVELOPMENT (my overall course)

- Now I want 28 powerpoints uploaded in this category. How do I do this?! As I stated, I cannot add a compressed zip folder, so if I were to create multiple SCORM packages, how would I get them all into the DEVELOPMENTAL SCORM package?

PLEASE HELP! It's been two weeks of me trying everything sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah P.

Re: Trying to upload multiple files (have tried to zip!) PLEASE HELP!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello again and thanks for redirecting your query to the forums as requested.

First of all: are these SCORM packages all separate? How are you creating the SCORM package? You mention you need to upload 28 Power point files into Moodle but I don't see the connection with those PPTS and with SCORM. (The SCORM upload feature is only for a ready-made SCORM package)

If you are asking about combining PPTS into a SCORM package then I think you need to do this outside of Moodle and in the software you are using for SCORM. If you simply want to upload 28 PPTS into a course then this should be fairly straightforward (instructions if needed)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sarah P. -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for getting back to me. My PPT's have been converted to HTML5 through Ispring, so to the best of my knowledge they are already SCORM packages, what I'm finding though is that I can't get all of the different packages to go together so that I can have 1 course DEVELOPMENTAL with the 28 subsections (the powerpoints turned SCORM) all together. Rather then a present box (sorry that's what it looks like) that shows DEVELOPMENTAL and then another present box that shows each powerpoint... I want them all together.

Hope that describes it a little bit better. Thanks for your speedy response!

In reply to Sarah P.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Could you post a screenshot of your course as it looks now, because I am not quite sure what you mean by Present box? Also, I don't think HTML5 means your iSpring PPTS are SCORM. For what you want, I suggest creating a course using Topic sections and simply adding each PPT as a separate resource in order of how you wish participants to access them, so they can work their way through them.