Kahoot.it

Re: Kahoot.it

by Don Hinkelman -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mark,

Anything that adds gamification to Moodle is a great idea and will be immensely popular. I use the Progress Bar and it has a dramatic effect on student performance and supports a "flipped classroom" approach.  Badges are another important gamification tool. I would imagine Kahoot.it with students competing against each other would be very fun, and increase participation in learning activities. I would recommend you work with some programmers to make a new block or module to integrate Kahoot.it with the Quiz Module. Is that something you could do?  You could also go to the Tracker and make a feature request, but I suspect it needs independent initiative to get going.

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Dina Koble -

Adding Kahoot.it would be great.  Our school uses it but we have key in all the questions and can't just apply the ones already in Moodle. 

Average of ratings:Useful (1)

by Mark Stevens -

I put in a feature request for this:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-52083

In reply to Mark Stevens

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I was the first person to vote for this feature request--a great idea. Thanks, Mark. Now we need lots of votes

I have been using Kahoot now every week in my classes, and it has spread like wildfire across my university. I wish Moodle was spreading like wildfire across my university. If Moodle added Kahoot functionality, I guarantee you, you would see an upswing in Moodle adoptions and use.  There is not a lot of *fun* in Moodle, but this would make Moodle full of fun.  And if we made it ourselves, we could do it better.  For example, Kahoot has an easy way to add images to a quiz question, but only one image. There should be a "hint" image and then a final image which shows the answer.

Also, it is interesting that on the Kahoot forums, the #1 request is for Kahoot to add a Question Bank.  Some Kahoot teachers even ask for a question bank "like Moodle's". If we made a Kahoot activity, we would have to call it something different.  How about "Moohoot"?  wink

P.S. Come to MoodleMoot Japan if you free in February. 

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Young people are not in class to have fun they are there to learn grrrr.

(Just jesting, sounds like a good idea). I'd love to come to Japan, but even York to Dublin was a stretch smile